A small section of the north of Abbey Road lies in NW6.
Abbey Road was a track leading from Lisson village to Kilburn Priory. Until dissolution in the 1500s, Kilburn Priory was attached to the Abbey of Westminster, which owned the fields through which the path ran. These were known as the Abbey Fields so the path became Abbey Road in the early nineteenth century. An offshoot of Abbey Road was named Abbey Gardens in 1880.