The part of Queen's Park which is in the W10 postcode and City of Westminster, is known as the Queens Park Estate.
Barfett Street is a street on the Queen’s Park Estate, W10
Barfett Street forms part of the Queens Park Estate, built by the Artisans, Labourers & General Dwellings Company. Licence:
The Artisans Company’s first project was Shaftesbury Park, a development of 1,200 two-storey houses covering 42.5 acres built in 1872 on the site of a former pig farm in Battersea. The success of Shaftesbury Park led to the construction of Queen’s Park, built in 1874 on a far more ambitious scale on 76 acres of land to the west of London, adjacent to the railway line out of Paddington (Queen’s Park station opened in 1879), purchased from All Souls College, Oxford.
The architecture of that estate of some 2000 small houses is distinctively Gothic-revival, with polychrome brickwork, pinnacles and turrets along the bigger roads.
Barfett Street was originally called "B Street" since the Estate had street names of numbers and letters: Avenues 1-6 and streets A-P.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence
User unknown/public domain
It was built from 1874 by the Artisans, Labourers & General Dwellings Company. The architecture of that estate of some 2000 small houses is distinctively Gothic-revival, with polychrome brickwork, pinnacles and turrets along the bigger roads.
It retains First Avenue, Second Avenue etc up to Sixth Avenue, and originally had streets A-P. The street names have been made into full words, (Alperton Street, Barfett Street, Caird Street, Droop Street, Embrook Street, Farrant Street, Galton Street, Huxley Street, Ilbert Street, Kilravock Street, Lothrop Street, Marne Street, Nutbourne Street, Oliphant Street, Peach Street).
It was on this estate that the first QPR footballers had their homes.