Agincourt Road dates from 1881.
In 1880 Thomas E. Gibb, a developer from Kentish Town, purchased over three acres of South End farm and took a 99 year lease on the remaining 11 acres.
He proposed to build 120 small houses at ’the lower end of middle-class respectability’ and agreed to construct a sewer.
Gibb laid out Cressy Road
, Agincourt Road and Lisburne Road
s and began some brickmaking activities.
The local smallpox hospital, having been closed, reopened. This sent land values sharply downwards and little housing was built at all - only two were built along with a school, its chapel, factories and a steam laundry.
In 1886, Church Commissioners, recognising the social change, allowed Gibb to build 215 houses on the 11 acres and thus Constantine Road
was laid out in 1887 as a direct route from Gospel Oak and Kentish Town to South End Green and the heath, and building began. In 1894, Gibb died and his successors built another 153 houses in Constantine Road
, Cressy Road
and Mackeson Road