Showing every road so far featured

(N.B. So as not to break the map, this will only show the first 5000).

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
3.234.245.121 
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302020Fullscreen map
Road · South Ruislip · HA4 ·
JANUARY
1
2000

Business Park is one of the streets of London in the UB6 postal area.



xxx



 

South Ruislip

South Ruislip developed only in the twentieth century after the opening of the local station.

A GWR/GCR joint line was built to High Wycombe from both Paddington and Marylebone. The two railways met at Northolt Junction, situated slightly to the east of the station.

South Ruislip station was opened on 1 May 1908 and was originally known as Northolt Junction. The station then became South Ruislip & Northolt Junction in 1932 and received its present name on 30 June 1947.

The station was first served by the Central line on 21 November 1948 when the Central line extension from London towards West Ruislip was finished. The concrete, glass and granite chip frieze in the booking hall is one of the earliest public works by glass artist, Henry Haig.
Print-friendly version of this page