Business Park, UB5
Road might date from the first world war period. Most of the urban landscape is interwar
Print-friendly version of this page South Ruislip developed only in the twentieth century after the opening of the local station.
Business Park is one of the streets of London in the UB6 postal area.
A GWR/GCR joint line was built to High Wycombe from both Paddington and Marylebone. The two railways met at Northolt Junction, situated slightly to the east of the station.
South Ruislip station was opened on 1 May 1908 and was originally known as Northolt Junction. The station then became South Ruislip & Northolt Junction in 1932 and received its present name on 30 June 1947.
The station was first served by the Central line on 21 November 1948 when the Central line extension from London towards West Ruislip was finished. The concrete, glass and granite chip frieze in the booking hall is one of the earliest public works by glass artist, Henry Haig.