Goodhall Street is part of some rows of cottages had been built in 1889 by the LNWR for its employees in nearby Willesden Junction
. Originally, the whole estate was simply called Railway Cottages. The London and Northwestern Railway, (LNWR) was the largest railway company in the country at the time.
Between 1915 and 1935, a new pub, The Fisherman’s Arms, appears to have replaced three houses on Old Oak Lane
to serve the estate.
Late 19th century public health legislation had brought about general improvements in housing. Nevertheless the uniform rows of Old Oak made a fairly hard edged environment. Although there are subtle variations of facing brick and detail from one terrace to another, the overall impression is one of uniformity.