Manor House

Underground station, existing between 1932 and now

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
34.231.21.83 
MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502020Fullscreen map
Underground station · Manor House · N4 ·
November
17
2018

Manor House station was named after a nearby pub.


Situated at the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Green Lanes, it was opened on 19 September 1932.

It was designed by Charles Holden and, on the Piccadilly Line, it lies between Finsbury Park and Turnpike Lane stations. The sub-surface areas of the station were tiled in biscuit coloured tiles lined with blue friezes.

Like other stations on the 1932 Cockfosters extension, Manor House set new aesthetic standards. The station tunnels have a diameter of 7 metres and were designed for the greater volume of traffic expected. The provision of ’suicide pits’ between the rails was also innovative.


Main source: Manor House tube station - Wikipedia
Further citations and sources


xxx

User unknown/public domain

THE STREETS OF MANOR HOUSE
Christina Square, N4 Christina Square is one of the streets of London in the N4 postal area.
Grand Parade, N4 Grand Parade is one of the streets of London in the N4 postal area.
Green Lanes Gate, N4 Green Lanes Gate is a road in the N4 postcode area
Green Lanes, N4 Green Lanes is one of the streets of London in the N4 postal area.
Seven Sisters Road, N4 Seven Sisters Road is one of the streets of London in the N4 postal area.
Seven Sisters Road, N7 Seven Sisters Road is one of the streets of London in the N7 postal area.
Woodberry Down, N4 Woodberry Down is one of the streets of London in the N4 postal area.



 

Manor House

Manor House station was named after a nearby pub.

Situated at the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Green Lanes, it was opened on 19 September 1932.

It was designed by Charles Holden and, on the Piccadilly Line, it lies between Finsbury Park and Turnpike Lane stations. The sub-surface areas of the station were tiled in biscuit coloured tiles lined with blue friezes.

Like other stations on the 1932 Cockfosters extension, Manor House set new aesthetic standards. The station tunnels have a diameter of 7 metres and were designed for the greater volume of traffic expected. The provision of ’suicide pits’ between the rails was also innovative.
Print-friendly version of this page