Horsenden Lane North lies north of the Grand Union Canal.
It is known that 2500 years ago Iron Age people settled on what today is called Horsenden Hill
as large amounts of pottery have been discovered. It was probably during Saxon times that the hill acquired its name originally ’Horsingdon’ - the last syllable ’don’ meaning hill fortress.
There was probably some settlement at Horsenden from the late 12th century, as there was at least one family who took their name from the place. By 1754 the main areas of settlement were around the crossing of Ruislip Road and Oldfield Lane, and in the north of the parish at Greenford Green, with a few houses round the church and at Brabsden Green, by Horsenden Wood.
Brabsden Green hamlet was inhabited by the 1750s, and the last house was demolished in 1972 to be reclaimed by vegetation - one of the very few examples of de-urbanisation in the London area in recent centuries. A little further south, alongside the lane, there are the remains of a grander house (built in 1896) and its garden. It had a number of names, but it was first known as Rohais House.
Brabsden Green had a pub - the Ballot Box public house. It was built in around 1862 and was used as the polling station for those who lived and worked on the Grand Union canal. It was demolished in 1943 and the pub was rebuilt further north.
The opening in 1801 of the Paddington branch of the Grand Junction Canal had little effect on building but Horsenden Lane was split into Horsenden Lane North and Horsenden Lane South
, depending on the particular side of the canal.
In 1821, the population census showed that there were only 25 inhabitants in Perivale and this had only grown to 32 in the 1851 census. Kelly’s Directory records the population as 31 with 4 inhabited houses for the year 1881.
In 1904 the Great Western Railway’s halt at Perivale opened. This was enlarged and converted into a station in 1908, and continued to serve the parish until 1947, when London Transport’s Central line was extended from North Acton to Greenford alongside the G.W.R. line. Perivale station was then rebuilt on Horsenden Lane South
and the local steam train service discontinued.
Following the First World War, Horsenden Farm was acquired by the Sudbury Golf Club thus signalling the end to farming being the predominant activity. In 1929, Sandersons Wallpaper had built a factory on the farmland alongside Horsenden Lane and houses were built. On the opposite side of Horsenden Lane, a housing estate and small factory were built.