Lincoln Road, HA0

Road is in an area which may have existed since the nineteenth century or before. Mainly Edwardian housing

MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302019Fullscreen map
Road · Perivale · HA0 · Contributed by The Underground Map

Lincoln Road is one of the streets in the Harrow postal district of Middlesex.

The 1750 Rocque map is bounded by Sudbury (NW), Snaresbrook (NE), Eltham (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1750 map does not display.

The 1800 mapping is bounded by Stanmore (NW), Woodford (NE), Bromley (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1800 map does not display.

The 1830 mapping is bounded by West Hampstead (NW), Hackney (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Chelsea (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1830 map does not display.

The 1860 mapping is bounded by Brent Cross (NW), Stratford (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Hammermith (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1860 map does not display.

The 1900 mapping covers all of the London area.



Until the 18th century Perivale was called Little Greenford or Greenford Parva.

Perivale formed part of Greenford Urban District from 1894 to 1926, and was then absorbed by the Municipal Borough of Ealing. Before the residential building expansion of the 1930s, the fields of Perivale were used to grow hay for the working horses of Victorian London, a scene described in the ending of John Betjeman’s poem ’Return to Ealing’: "...And a gentle gale from Perivale/blows up the hayfield scent."

Although now mainly residential, there are some office blocks and parades of shops. Perivale has two golf courses: Ealing Golf Club and Perivale Golf Course. The BBC Archives are in Perivale.

Perivale is one of the settings of Anthony Trollope’s novel The Belton Estate (1865).

The Great Western Railway opened "Perivale Halt" in 1904 but it was closed when the current London Underground station was opened on 30 June 1947. It was designed in 1938 by Brian Lewis, later Chief Architect to the Great Western Railway, but completion was delayed by the Second World War. The finished building was modified by the architect Frederick Francis Charles Curtis. In July 2011 the station was one of 16 London Underground stations that were made a Grade II listed building.

Ainsdale Road · Albany Road · Amherst Gardens · Argyle Road · Avenue House School · Barham Primary School · Barnfield Road · Bassingham Road · Bourne View · Bracewell Avenue · Bradley Gardens · Braemar Avenue · Brentcot Close · Brooklands Drive · Brunswick Gardens · Buckingham Avenue · Carlton Road · Castle Bar Hill · Castle Bar Hill · Castle Bar Park · Castlebar Mews · Castlebar Road · Cawdor Crescent · Cecil Manning Close · Cheriton Close · Christchurch Green · Clarendon Road · Cleveley Crescent · Copland Avenue · Copland Mews · Copland Road · Crawford Avenue · Dell Way · Disraeli Road · Drew Gardens · Ecclestone Mews · Edge Hill Road · Fairfield Drive · Fairview Avenue · Fern Dene · Fowlers Walk · Fox Lane · Garth Mews · George V Way · Gilbert Scott Close · Gilbert White Close · Greystoke Gardens · Hanger Lane Gyratory · Harrow Road · Harrow Road · Hartington Road · Haslemere Avenue · Haymill Close · Herons Forde · High Road Wembley · Holyoake Walk · Horsenden Lane (1910) · Horsenden Lane North · Horsenden Lane South · Horsenden Primary School · Ithell Court · Jubilee Road · Kent Gardens · Lakeside · Lanark Close · Langham Gardens · Lantern Close · Launceston Gardens · Launceston Road · Limewood Close · Ludlow Road · Lynmouth Gardens · Mandeville School · Manor Farm Road · Meadvale Road · Meadvale Road · MIDDLEFIELDE · Montague Road · Montpelier Primary School · Moorfield Avenue · Mortimer Road · Neville Road · North Avenue · North Ealing Primary School · Notting Hill and Ealing High School · Oaklands Road · Park Gate · Park Road · Pendlewood Close · Perimeade Road · Perivale Children’s Centre · Perivale Gardens · Perivale Lane · Perivale Primary School · Periwood Crescent · Pitshanger Lane · Pitshanger Park · PO Box 71528 · Ponsard Road · Primrose Way · Proyers Path · Proyers Path · Queen Victoria Avenue · Queen’s Walk · Quill Street · Redwood Grove · Rokesby Place · Roseacre Close · Sandall Close · Sandall Road · Selborne Gardens · St Annes Road · St Augustine’s Avenue · St Augustine’s Path · St Gregory’s Catholic Primary School · St John Fisher Catholic Primary School · St Stephen’s Avenue · Stockdove Way · Summerfield Road · Sunley Gardens · Swinderby Road · Talbot Road · The Close · The Dene · The Mead · Torrington Road · Turton Road · Vicar’s Green Primary School · Waldeck Road · Welcome Children Centre · Westmoreland Place · Wimborne Gardens · Windermere Road · Winscombe Crescent · Woodbury Park Road · Woodrow Close ·
Articles in grey above need some care and attention
Roads are red; buildings are green
Other entries in blue above are featured articles
Print-friendly version of this page


Facebook Page
Wembley Central
Facebook Page
Hidden London
Histor­ically inclined look at the capital’s obscure attractions
All-encompassing website
British History Online
Digital library of key printed primary and secondary sources.
Time Out
Listings magazine


John Rocque Map of Wembley, Kingsbury, Willesden and Harlesden (1762)
John Rocque (c. 1709–1762) was a surveyor, cartographer, engraver, map-seller and the son of Huguenot émigrés. Roque is now mainly remembered for his maps of London. This map dates from the second edition produced in 1762. London and his other maps brought him an appointment as cartographer to the Prince of Wales in 1751. His widow continued the business after his death. The map covers an area from Harrow in the northwest to Harlesden in the southeast.
John Rocque, The Strand, London

Environs of London (1832) FREE DOWNLOAD
Engraved map. Hand coloured. Relief shown by hachures. A circle shows "Extent of the twopenny post delivery."
Chapman and Hall, London

Ordnance Survey of the London region (1939) FREE DOWNLOAD
Ordnance Survey colour map of the environs of London 1:10,560 scale
Ordnance Survey. Crown Copyright 1939.

Outer London (1901) FREE DOWNLOAD
Outer London shown in red, City of London in yellow. Relief shown by hachures.
Stanford's Geographical Establishment. London : Edward Stanford, 26 & 27, Cockspur St., Charing Cross, S.W. (1901)

Unless a source is explicitedly stated, text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Articles may be a remixes of various Wikipedia articles plus work by the website authors - original Wikipedia source can generally be accessed under the same name as the main title. This does not affect its Creative Commons attribution.

Maps upon this website are in the public domain because they are mechanical scans of public domain originals, or - from the available evidence - are so similar to such a scan or photocopy that no copyright protection can be expected to arise. The originals themselves are in public domain for the following reason:
Public domain Maps used are in the public domain in the United States, and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 100 years or less.
This file has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighbouring rights.

This tag is designed for use where there may be a need to assert that any enhancements (eg brightness, contrast, colour-matching, sharpening) are in themselves insufficiently creative to generate a new copyright. It can be used where it is unknown whether any enhancements have been made, as well as when the enhancements are clear but insufficient. For usage, see Commons:When to use the PD-scan tag.