There are two ways to add an address to The Underground Map project. In both ways, you will need to have logged in using your Facebook ID
The recommended way is to use the Find A Street function.
Move to the box labelled SEARCH FOR ADDRESSES AND STREETS USING GEOCODE enter the address and off you go.
It sounds complicated but it’s easy - try it!
Sometimes, this service isn’t quite clever enough and still hasn’t found your address. This rest of this article explains this second process: Adding a location by clicking on a map.
Here are the steps to add a location by clicking on a map:
1. Ensure that you are logged into Facebook.
You need to have authorised The Underground Map app using your Facebook ID. There are various ways to find the Facebook login page, but the simplest is to look towards the top of the page if you are using a PC, Mac or tablet. Top right, just to the left of the search box is either a ’Facebook F’ (not logged in) or your Facebook profile image (you are logged in). Click it and log in if necessary.
2. Then click FULLSCREEN
on the navigation bar.
3. On the subsequent ’slidey map’, navigate to a map which shows the position of your proposed address. If the building is not shown on a modern map as it is a historical location, now gone, change the mapping year until you see it.
4. Hover over the building where the address refers to.
6. Choose ADD NEW LOCATION
of the two options you see next.
7. Type the address’s title: 27 Quality Street
, 134a Peabody House
8. From the drop down ’type’, choose address.
9. Your address is now added to the database.Licence:
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence