Myddelton Park, N20
Road in/near Whetstone, existing between 1882 and now
Print-friendly version of this page
Myddelton Park was built by John Miles before 1882 when he erected All Saints’ Church and vicarage nearby.
Extended south along the line of an existing footpath in 1903, Friern Barnet Lane
and Oakleigh Road were linked only after this by Myddelton Park.
996088' target='_top'>42' TARGET='_top'>Whetstone
6088' target='_top'>42.jpg' WIDTH=302 style='float:left; width=250px; margin-right:10px;'>It is thought that Whetstone was named after the stone used to sharpen knives and other tools, a chunk of which is located on the High Road, on the pavement outside the Griffin pub.
Legend has it that stone was used by soldiers about to fight in the Battle of Barnet
Whetstone was an important staging post for stagecoaches going north from London. There has been an inn on the site of the present Griffin pub for centuries, though the present building dates from 9
When frequently combined with its neighbour, this combined area is the 63rd richest area in the UK (9
6085' target='_top'>2008) - an acclamation which can be credited to Totteridge Lane
, a long road home to many multi-millionaires.