Percy Circus was once referred to as "one of the most delightful bits of town planning in London".
Percy Circus was begun in 1841 but not completed until 1853. Around the railed central garden are still fifteen of the original twenty-seven houses.Licence:
It has five unevenly-spaced entry points and is laid out on the side of a hill.
On 15 May 1941, parachute mines and high explosive bombs fell in Holford Square and Percy Circus causing widespread devastation in the immediate vicinity.
The damage inflicted on this rare survival in London continued well into the 1960s when, in 1969, some of the remaining authentic Victorian houses were demolished to make way for a new hotel.
Despite the best attentions of the Luftwaffe and post war London planners the Circus still retains, in part at least, some of its old world charm.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence
Percy Circus from above