South Ealing Road, W5
Road is in an area which may have existed since the nineteenth century or before. Housing stock dates between 1910 and 1925
Print-friendly version of this page South Ealing is notable in Underground trivia for having, along with Mansion House, every vowel in its name.
South Ealing Road is a street in Ealing.
South Ealing station was opened by the District Railway (DR, now the District line), on 1 May 1883 on a line to Hounslow Town (located on Hounslow High Street
but now closed).
Electrification of the DR's tracks took place between 1903 and 1905 with electric trains replacing steam trains on the Hounslow branch from 13 June 1905. Piccadilly line services, which had been running non-stop through the station since January 1933, began serving South Ealing from 29 April 1935. From this date, the branch was operated jointly by both lines until District line services were withdrawn on 10 October 1964.
In 2006, the station was refurbished at platform level, providing new signage, passenger shelters, security equipment and public address system.