Print-friendly version of this page Hampstead Heath railway station has been part of the London Overground since 11 November 2007.
Lisburne Road is a street running north from Agincourt Road
A Kentish Town developer - Thomas E. Gibb - who was also a trustee of the Salter’s estate, purchased some 3½ acres of South End Farm, adjoining Salter’s land on the south-west. He planned to cover both Salter’s freehold estate and the southern part of South End Farm and also to construct a sewer.
In 1881, Gibb laid out Lisburne Roads. By 1894, when Gibb died, 113 houses had been built in Constantine Road
, Agincourt Road
and Lisburne Road.
In the nineteenth century up to 100,000 people per day used the station at weekends and on public holidays as the Heath was a popular holiday destination for Londoners. The station was rebuilt, after Second World War bomb damage, and in the 1990s in conjunction with works to allow Eurostar trains to use the North London Line.