Between Streets started its life as a lane which crossed Church Field.
The road from Leatherhead is older than the Portsmouth Road and caused a bend in the main road as the two alignments met. A market here at the junction with Portsmouth Road, granted by King Stephen, funded the settlement of Church Cobham. It was closed at the end of the 16th century.
A 1879 plan for a railway was made for a line from Kingston with a station proposed on what is now Oakdene Parade.
Between Streets got its very odd name by being the road which connected the two communities of Church Cobham and Street Cobham. It was called Street Cobham Road at the end of the nineteenth century rather than its modern name.
User unknown/public domain