Sudbury Court Road, Sudbury, Middlesex

Road might date from the first world war period. Most of the urban landscape is interwar

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG  CONTACT 
54.82.99.169 
Amery Road · Andrews Close · Arden Close · Ashneal Gardens · Aspen Drive · Bengeworth Road · Bessborough Road · Buchanan Court · Camden Crescent · Cavendish Avenue · Chasewood Park · Church Gardens · Church Hill · Clementine Churchill Hospital · Copperfields · Court Parade · Court Parade · Crown Street · Dean Court · Elmfield Close · Elms Gardens · Elms Lane · Elms Park Avenue · Farmborough Close · Fernbank Avenue · Fircroft Gardens · Football Lane · Foxlees · Garlands Lane · Grantchester Close · Grove Hill · Harrovian Business Village · Harrow Fields Gardens · Harrow Park · Harrow School Playing Fields · Hartington Close · Herga Court · Heritage View · High Street · Hill Close · Hill Road · Hobbs House Harrovian Business Village · Homefield Road · Hundred Elms Farm · Hussain Close · Ingleby Drive · Jardine House · John Lyon Playing Fields · John Lyon Roundabout · Julian Hill · Kenelm Close · Kingsfield Road · Knowles Court · Lanfranc Court · Lansdowne Road · Littleton Crescent · Littleton Road · London Road · London Road · Lothian Close · Lowlands Road · Mount Park Avenue · Mount Park Road · Mount Park Road · Mulgrave Road · Music Hill · Nelson Road · New Road · Nightingale Avenue · Northwick Park Hospital · Obadiah Slope · Orley Court · Orley Farm Road · Pasture Close · Pasture Road · Paxford Road · Penketh Drive · Peterborough Road · Pickwick Place · Priory Crescent · Priory Gardens · Priory Hill · Priory Park Road · Proyers Path · Public Footpath No. 62 · Public Footpath No. 63 · Rama Court · Red Lodge · Rosebank Avenue · Rosedale Court · Rowan Close · Roxborough Avenue · Roxborough Park · Saint Andrews Avenue · Sherry Close · Short Hill · South Hill Avenue · South Hill Avenue · South Hill Avenue · South Hill Grove · South Vale · St Georges Close · ST MARK’S CLOSE · St Marys Vicarage · Stapenhill Road · Sudbury Court Drive · Sudbury Court Drive · Sudbury Court Road · Sudbury Croft · Sudbury Hill Close · Sudbury Hill Harrow · Sudbury Hill · The Boltons · The Spinney · Thomas A’Beckett Close · Trafalgar Terrace · Tyburn Lane · Tyrell Close · Vale Farm · Vale Farm Sports Ground · Victoria Terrace · Wakeling Lane · Warner House Harrovian Business Village · Watford Road · Wellington Terrace · Wembley F.C. · Wendela Court · West Street · West Street · Whitehall Road · Wood End Road · Yew Walk
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302019Fullscreen map
Road · Sudbury Hill · HA1 · Contributed by The Underground Map
MAY
16
2017

Sudbury Court Road is a road in the HA0 postcode area


VIEW THE SUDBURY HILL AREA IN THE 1750s
The 1750 Rocque map is bounded by Sudbury (NW), Snaresbrook (NE), Eltham (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1750 map does not display.

VIEW THE SUDBURY HILL AREA IN THE 1800s
The 1800 mapping is bounded by Stanmore (NW), Woodford (NE), Bromley (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1800 map does not display.

VIEW THE SUDBURY HILL AREA IN THE 1830s
The 1830 mapping is bounded by West Hampstead (NW), Hackney (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Chelsea (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1830 map does not display.

VIEW THE SUDBURY HILL AREA IN THE 1860s
The 1860 mapping is bounded by Brent Cross (NW), Stratford (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Hammermith (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1860 map does not display.

VIEW THE SUDBURY HILL AREA IN THE 1900s
The 1900 mapping covers all of the London area.

 

Sudbury Hill

Sudbury Hill is part of the London Borough of Harrow.

Sudbury Hill station was opened on 28 June 1903 by the District Railway on its new extension to South Harrow from Park Royal & Twyford Abbey.

This new extension was, together with the existing tracks back to Acton Town, the first section of the Underground's surface lines to be electrified and operate electric instead of steam trains.

The deep-level tube lines open at that time (City & South London Railway, Waterloo & City Railway and Central London Railway) had been electrically powered from the start.

The original station building was demolished in 1930 and 1931 and replaced by a new station in preparation for the handover of the branch from the District line to the Piccadilly line. The new station was designed by Charles Holden in a modern European style using brick, reinforced concrete and glass. Like the stations at Sudbury Town and Alperton to the south as well as others that Holden designed elsewhere for the east and west Piccadilly line extensions such as Acton Town and Oakwood, Sudbury Hill station features a tall block-like ticket hall rising above a low horizontal structure that contains station facilities and shops. The brick walls of the ticket hall are punctuated with panels of clerestory windows and the structure is capped with a flat concrete slab roof.

On 4 July 1932 the Piccadilly line was extended to run west of its original terminus at Hammersmith sharing the route with the District line to Ealing Common. From Ealing Common to South Harrow, the District line was replaced by the Piccadilly line.

Since 1994 it has been a Grade II Listed Building.
Print-friendly version of this page

Maps


John Rocque Map of Wembley, Kingsbury, Willesden and Harlesden (1762)
John Rocque (c. 1709–1762) was a surveyor, cartographer, engraver, map-seller and the son of Huguenot émigrés. Roque is now mainly remembered for his maps of London. This map dates from the second edition produced in 1762. London and his other maps brought him an appointment as cartographer to the Prince of Wales in 1751. His widow continued the business after his death. The map covers an area from Harrow in the northwest to Harlesden in the southeast.
John Rocque, The Strand, London

Ordnance Survey of the London region (1939) FREE DOWNLOAD
Ordnance Survey colour map of the environs of London 1:10,560 scale
Ordnance Survey. Crown Copyright 1939.

Outer London (1901) FREE DOWNLOAD
Outer London shown in red, City of London in yellow. Relief shown by hachures.
Stanford's Geographical Establishment. London : Edward Stanford, 26 & 27, Cockspur St., Charing Cross, S.W. (1901)
1 



COPYRIGHT TERMS:
Unless a source is explicitedly stated, text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Articles may be a remixes of various Wikipedia articles plus work by the website authors - original Wikipedia source can generally be accessed under the same name as the main title. This does not affect its Creative Commons attribution.

Maps upon this website are in the public domain because they are mechanical scans of public domain originals, or - from the available evidence - are so similar to such a scan or photocopy that no copyright protection can be expected to arise. The originals themselves are in public domain for the following reason:
Public domain Maps used are in the public domain in the United States, and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 100 years or less.
This file has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighbouring rights.

This tag is designed for use where there may be a need to assert that any enhancements (eg brightness, contrast, colour-matching, sharpening) are in themselves insufficiently creative to generate a new copyright. It can be used where it is unknown whether any enhancements have been made, as well as when the enhancements are clear but insufficient. For usage, see Commons:When to use the PD-scan tag.