Rembrandt Road, HA8

Road in/near Burnt Oak

Too much info? Click here to declutter the page
Albany Crescent · Albany Cresent · Appledore Close · Arundel Gardens · Axholme Avenue · Back Lane · Barnet Football Club · Barnet Football Club Training Ground · Barnfield Road · Benningholme Road · Bernhart Close · Berridge Green · Birchwood Court · Blarneys Free House · Blessbury Road · Blundell Road · Brearley Close · Briar Walk · Briary Grove · Brinkburn Close · Brinkburn Gardens · Broomgrove Gardens · Buckingham Gardens · Burnt Oak · Burnt Oak Broadway · Burnt Oak Fields · Burnt Oak footpath · Burnt Oak footpath (1926) · Calder Gardens · Cameron Crescent · Canada Park Parade · Chandos Crescent · Chandos Recreation Ground · Chelsea Close · Chichester Court · Clare House · Cobham Close · Colchester Road · Collier Drive · Columbia Avenue · Compton Close · Constable Gardens · Coombe Close · Cotman Gardens · Cressingham Road · De Havilland Road · Dryburgh Gardens · East Road · Edgware Hospital · Essoldo Way · Everest Spice The Honeypot · Eversfield Gardens · Eversfield Gardens · Fortescue Road · Fortune Avenue · Gainsborough Gardens · Gaskarth Road · Gervase Road · Gilbert Grove · Gloucester Grove · Goldbeaters Grove · Gordon Gardens · Greencourt Avenue · Halford Close · Hanshaw Drive · Haverford Way · Holyrood Gardens · Homefield Road · Horsecroft Road · Islip Gardens · Jameson’s Bar · Kamrans Place · Lanacre Avenue · Landseer Close · Lawrence Crescent · Leighton Close · Limesdale Gardens · Littlefield Road · Lyndhurst Avenue · Lynford Close · Maple Gardens · Market Lane · Melrose Gardens · Milford Gardens · Millais Gardens · Millfield Road · Milling Road · Mollison Way · Mostyn Road · Newgale Gardens · Newton Walk · North Parade · North Road · Northolme Gardens · Norwich Walk · Nurse Close · Oak Gardens · Oakleigh Avenue · Oakleigh Court · Orange Hill Road · Orchard Grove · Park Way · Pavilion Way · Pembroke Place · Playfield Road · Postal zone HA8 0** · Postal zone HA8 5** · Queensbury Station Parade · Raeburn Road · Redhill Drive · Rembrandt Road · Reynolds Drive · Selwyn Court · Sherborne Gardens · Silkstream Parade · Silkstream Road · South Parade · South Road · Spalding Close · St Alphage Walk · St Austell Close · St. Bride’s Avenue · St. David’s Drive · Stag Close · Stag Lane Aerodrome · Stag Lane · Storksmead Road · Strathmore Gardens · Sugar & Spice Lounge · Summit Close · Symphony Close · Teignmouth Close · Tenby Road · The 19 Club · The Chase · The Croft · The Highlands · The New Inn · Thirleby Road · Tiverton Road · Torbridge Close · Trevor Gardens · Trevor Road · Vancouver Road · Waltham Drive · Wardell Close · Warren Way · Watling Avenue · Watling Park · Westleigh Gardens · Whistler Gardens · Wolsey Grove · Woodcroft Avenue · Woodstock Close
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302019Fullscreen map
Road · Burnt Oak · HA8 ·

Rembrandt Road is a road in the HA8 postcode area

The 1750 Rocque map is bounded by Sudbury (NW), Snaresbrook (NE), Eltham (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1750 map does not display.

The 1800 mapping is bounded by Stanmore (NW), Woodford (NE), Bromley (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1800 map does not display.

The 1830 mapping is bounded by West Hampstead (NW), Hackney (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Chelsea (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1830 map does not display.

The 1860 mapping is bounded by Brent Cross (NW), Stratford (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Hammermith (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1860 map does not display.

The 1900 mapping covers all of the London area.


Burnt Oak

Burnt Oak tube station is a London Underground station in on the Edgware branch of the Northern Line, between Edgware and Colindale stations.

The name Burnt Oak was first used in 1754 and from then until the 1850s referred to no more than a field on the eastern side of the Edgware Road (Watling Street). Nor is there evidence that the name implies anything except that the field had once contained a burnt oak tree.

In May 1844 Burnt Oak field was sold to a Mr Essex, and by the 1860s plans were in place to build three residential streets: North Street, East Street, and South Street. The application of the field name to the area seems to have followed from this new estate and was in use by the end of the 19th century.

However, the area was generally known as Red Hill until the opening of Burnt Oak tube station.

The station was designed by architect Stanley Heaps and opened as Burnt Oak (Watling) on the 27 October 1924, two months after the extension of the Hampstead & Highgate Line from Hendon Central to Edgware had opened. The station was originally provided with a temporary structure before the final ticket office building was constructed in 1925. The suffix was dropped from the name about 1950.
Print-friendly version of this page


Northwest Middlesex (1932) FREE DOWNLOAD
From Harrow Weald in the northwest to West Hendon in the southeast, and from Stirling Corner in the northeast to Harrow in the southwest.
George Philip & Son, Ltd./London Geographical Society, 1932

Environs of London (1832) FREE DOWNLOAD
Engraved map. Hand coloured. Relief shown by hachures. A circle shows "Extent of the twopenny post delivery."
Chapman and Hall, London

Ordnance Survey of the London region (1939) FREE DOWNLOAD
Ordnance Survey colour map of the environs of London 1:10,560 scale
Ordnance Survey. Crown Copyright 1939.

Outer London (1901) FREE DOWNLOAD
Outer London shown in red, City of London in yellow. Relief shown by hachures.
Stanford's Geographical Establishment. London : Edward Stanford, 26 & 27, Cockspur St., Charing Cross, S.W. (1901)

Unless a source is explicitedly stated, text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Articles may be a remixes of various Wikipedia articles plus work by the website authors - original Wikipedia source can generally be accessed under the same name as the main title. This does not affect its Creative Commons attribution.

Maps upon this website are in the public domain because they are mechanical scans of public domain originals, or - from the available evidence - are so similar to such a scan or photocopy that no copyright protection can be expected to arise. The originals themselves are in public domain for the following reason:
Public domain Maps used are in the public domain in the United States, and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 100 years or less.
This file has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighbouring rights.

This tag is designed for use where there may be a need to assert that any enhancements (eg brightness, contrast, colour-matching, sharpening) are in themselves insufficiently creative to generate a new copyright. It can be used where it is unknown whether any enhancements have been made, as well as when the enhancements are clear but insufficient. For usage, see Commons:When to use the PD-scan tag.