South Ruislip

Underground station, existing between 1908 and now

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
18.232.55.175 
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302020Fullscreen map
Underground station · South Ruislip · HA4 ·
APRIL
6
2019

South Ruislip developed only in the twentieth century after the opening of the local station.


A GWR/GCR joint line was built to High Wycombe from both Paddington and Marylebone. The two railways met at Northolt Junction, situated slightly to the east of the station.

South Ruislip station was opened on 1 May 1908 and was originally known as Northolt Junction. The station then became South Ruislip & Northolt Junction in 1932 and received its present name on 30 June 1947.

The station was first served by the Central line on 21 November 1948 when the Central line extension from London towards West Ruislip was finished. The concrete, glass and granite chip frieze in the booking hall is one of the earliest public works by glass artist, Henry Haig.


Licence: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence

xxx

User unknown/public domain

THE STREETS OF SOUTH RUISLIP
Arla Place, HA4 A street within the HA4 postcode
Burgundy Court, HA4 A street within the HA4 postcode
Business Park, UB5 Business Park is one of the streets of London in the UB6 postal area.
Cobalt Court, HA4 A street within the HA4 postcode
Odyssey Business Park, HA4 A street within the HA4 postcode
Trenchard Avenue, HA4 Trenchard Avenue is a road in the HA4 postcode area



 

South Ruislip

South Ruislip developed only in the twentieth century after the opening of the local station.

A GWR/GCR joint line was built to High Wycombe from both Paddington and Marylebone. The two railways met at Northolt Junction, situated slightly to the east of the station.

South Ruislip station was opened on 1 May 1908 and was originally known as Northolt Junction. The station then became South Ruislip & Northolt Junction in 1932 and received its present name on 30 June 1947.

The station was first served by the Central line on 21 November 1948 when the Central line extension from London towards West Ruislip was finished. The concrete, glass and granite chip frieze in the booking hall is one of the earliest public works by glass artist, Henry Haig.
Print-friendly version of this page