Cloister Gardens, HA8

Road in/near Edgware

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG  CONTACT 
3.80.128.196 
Too much info? Click here to declutter the page
Alders Close · Alders Road · Angus Gardens · Apex Corner · Apex Corner (1920s) · Approach Road · Ash Close · Ashbourne Grove · Ashbrook · Ballards Mews · Banstock Road · Beech Walk · Belgrave Close · Benningholme Road · Beverley Drive · Boot Parade · Brearley Close · Broadwalk Centre · Broadwalk Shopping Centre · Brook Avenue · Brook Walk · Calthorpe Gardens · Campion Way · Camrose Avenue · Canons Close · Canons Drive · Canons Park · Cardinal Close · Carlton Close · Cavendish Drive · Chandos Recreation Ground · Chestnut Avenue · Chilton Road · Church Close · Church Way · Clay Lane · Cloister Gardens · Compton Close · Concorde House · Court Drive · Crispin Road · Croft Close · Cumberland Road · Dalkeith Grove · Deans Close · Deans Drive · Deans Lane · Deans Way · Deansbrook Road · Deansbrook Road · Delamere Gardens · Downhurst Avenue · Dryfield Road · Dukes Avenue · Edgewarebury Lane · Edgware · Edgware Court · Edgware railway station · Edgware Road · Edgware Way · Edgwarebury Gardens · Edgwarebury Lane · Edgwarebury Park · Edrick Walk · Edwin Road · Elmer Gardens · Elmgate Gardens · Everton Drive · Fairfield Avenue · Fairfield Crescent · Fairfield Cresent · Farm Road · Fernhurst Gardens · Floorpremier Housestation Road · Former M1 J2 · Forum Way · Forumside · Garden City · Garratt Road · Gibbs Green · Gold Hill · Gold Lane · Goldbeaters Farm · Grange Hill · Green Avenue · Greencroft · Grenville Place · Grove Road · Hale Drive · Hale Drive · Hale Grove Gardens · Hale Lane · Hale Lane · Hale Lane · Handel Close · Hawkins Close · Heather Walk · Heming Road · Heronsgate · High Street · Highview Avenue · Highview Gardens · Highwood Grove · Hillersdon Avenue · Hillside Drive · Holmstall Avenue · Holmstall Parade Edgware Road · Holmstall Parade · Holmwood Grove · Hook Walk · Howberry Road · Hutton Row · Jesmond Way · Jesmond Way · Lake View · Laneside · Langham Gardens · Langham Road · Langley Crescent · Lanson House · Lawrence Court · Leamington House · Lodge Close · London Road · Lovatt Close · Lyndhurst Avenue · Lyndhurst Park · Lynford Close · M1 · Magnolia Gardens · Manns Road · Manor Close · Manor Drive · Manor Park Crescent · Manor Park Cresent · Manor Park Gardens · Marsh Lane · Maxwelton Avenue · Maxwelton Close · Mayfair Court · Meadow Gardens · Meridian Close · Middle Dene · Mill Hill Broadway · Mill Ridge · Montrose Avenue · Mount Grove · Newton Walk · Northolm · Northway Crescent · Oakmead Gardens · Oakwood Drive · Old Rectory Gardens · Oldberry Road · Orchard Close · Orchard Crescent · Orchard Drive · Park Grove · Parkfield Close · Pavilion Way · Penshurst Court · Penshurst Gardens · Peters Close · Pike Road · Powell Close · Priory Field Drive · Promenade Chambers · Railway Tavern · Rear Of Post Office · Rectory Lane · Riverdene · Roscoff Close · Rose Garden Close · Russell Grove · Sandbrook Close · Savoy Close · Sefton Avenue · Selvage Lane · Selvage Lane · Spring Villa Park · Spring Villa Road · Spring Villas Road · St Margarets Road · St. Margarets Road · Stag Lane · Stanway Gardens · Station Road · Stone Grove · Stonegrove Gardens · Stonegrove Park · Stonegrove · Stoneyfields Gardens · Stoneyfields Lane · Stream Lane · Summit Close · Sunbury Avenue · Sunbury Gardens · Sunnydale Gardens · The Bridge Tavern · The Broad Walk · The Greenway · The Grove · The Jolly Badger · The Meads · The Promenade · The Quadrant · The Rise · The Rising Sun · The Royal British Legion · Trafalgar House · Tretawn Park · Upcroft Avenue · Walter Walk · Watersfield Way · Watford By-pass · Wenlock Road · West Way · Wildcroft Gardens · Wolmer Close
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302019Fullscreen map
Road · Edgware · HA8 ·
MAY
24
2017

Cloister Gardens is a road in the HA8 postcode area



VIEW THE EDGWARE AREA IN THE 1750s
The 1750 Rocque map is bounded by Sudbury (NW), Snaresbrook (NE), Eltham (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1750 map does not display.

VIEW THE EDGWARE AREA IN THE 1800s
The 1800 mapping is bounded by Stanmore (NW), Woodford (NE), Bromley (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1800 map does not display.

VIEW THE EDGWARE AREA IN THE 1830s
The 1830 mapping is bounded by West Hampstead (NW), Hackney (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Chelsea (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1830 map does not display.

VIEW THE EDGWARE AREA IN THE 1860s
The 1860 mapping is bounded by Brent Cross (NW), Stratford (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Hammermith (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1860 map does not display.

VIEW THE EDGWARE AREA IN THE 1900s
The 1900 mapping covers all of the London area.

 

Edgware

Edgware tube station is a London Underground station in Edgware, in the London Borough of Barnet, in north London. The station is the terminus of the ’’Edgware branch’’ of the Northern Line.

Edgware (sometimes Edgeware) was an ancient parish in the county of Middlesex. Edgware is a Saxon name meaning Ecgi’s weir. Ecgi’s was a Saxon and the weir relates to a pond where Ecgi’s people would catch fish.

The Romans made pottery at Brockley Hill, and is thought by some to be the site of Sulloniacis. To the north west was Canons Park erected by Duke of Chandos.

From 1932 - 1965, Edgware was in the Borough of Hendon.

The majority of Edgware nowadays is a ward in the London Borough of Barnet represented by three councillors. The western edge of the Edgware Road is in the London Borough of Harrow.

It is principally a shopping and residential area and is more widely known as being a northern terminus of the Northern Line. There is a bus garage, a shopping centre called The Mall (formerly known as The Broadwalk), and a library. There is a large hospital, Edgware Hospital. There are two streams, Edgware Brook and Deans Brook, which are tributaries of the River Brent.

Edgware tube station was opened on 18 August 1924 as the terminus of the second phase of the Underground Group's extension of the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway from Golders Green. It was designed by architect Stanley Heaps. There are three platforms, an island lying east of a single platform (platform 1). A trainshed covers the island platforms (2 and 3).

Despite having already had a railway station since 1867 (Edgware station on the London and North Eastern Railway), Edgware was, in 1924, still very much a village in character. The new Underground station was built on the north edge of the village in open fields and, as intended, the new line stimulated rapid suburban expansion along its length. By the end of the decade, what had formerly been fields was quickly being covered with new housing.

The site of the station is very close to the location intended for the unbuilt Watford and Edgware Railway's (W&ER's) station, which was intended to be built on a branch from the existing single-track LNER branch before the terminus and run through to Watford Junction via Bushey.
Print-friendly version of this page

Maps


Northwest Middlesex (1932) FREE DOWNLOAD
From Harrow Weald in the northwest to West Hendon in the southeast, and from Stirling Corner in the northeast to Harrow in the southwest.
George Philip & Son, Ltd./London Geographical Society, 1932

Environs of London (1832) FREE DOWNLOAD
Engraved map. Hand coloured. Relief shown by hachures. A circle shows "Extent of the twopenny post delivery."
Chapman and Hall, London

Ordnance Survey of the London region (1939) FREE DOWNLOAD
Ordnance Survey colour map of the environs of London 1:10,560 scale
Ordnance Survey. Crown Copyright 1939.

Outer London (1901) FREE DOWNLOAD
Outer London shown in red, City of London in yellow. Relief shown by hachures.
Stanford's Geographical Establishment. London : Edward Stanford, 26 & 27, Cockspur St., Charing Cross, S.W. (1901)
1 



COPYRIGHT TERMS:
Unless a source is explicitedly stated, text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Articles may be a remixes of various Wikipedia articles plus work by the website authors - original Wikipedia source can generally be accessed under the same name as the main title. This does not affect its Creative Commons attribution.

Maps upon this website are in the public domain because they are mechanical scans of public domain originals, or - from the available evidence - are so similar to such a scan or photocopy that no copyright protection can be expected to arise. The originals themselves are in public domain for the following reason:
Public domain Maps used are in the public domain in the United States, and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 100 years or less.
This file has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighbouring rights.

This tag is designed for use where there may be a need to assert that any enhancements (eg brightness, contrast, colour-matching, sharpening) are in themselves insufficiently creative to generate a new copyright. It can be used where it is unknown whether any enhancements have been made, as well as when the enhancements are clear but insufficient. For usage, see Commons:When to use the PD-scan tag.