Colindeep Lane, NW4
Road in/near Hendon, existing until now
Print-friendly version of this page Colindeep LaneHendon railway station is a National Rail station situated to the west of Hendon, in the London Borough of Barnet.
runs west from the A41.
The Hendon section of Colindeep Lane
has rather lost its identity since 1920s roadbuilding created Watford Way
. The latter road in its NW4 part follows part of the route of Colindeep Lane
. It was a very old thoroughfare which dates a time before recorded history as a route from London - an alternative way to the frequently mud-bound Edgware Road.
The station was built by the Midland Railway in 1868 on its extension to St. Pancras. From 1875 the Midland opened a service to Victoria on the London, Chatham and Dover Railway and received coaches from the London and South Western Railway for attachment to north-bound trains.