Hackforth Close, EN5

Road is in an area which may have existed since the nineteenth century or before- in the area buildings are mainly post-war

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
3.230.76.196 
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019502020Fullscreen map
Road · High Barnet · EN5 ·
July
8
2017

Hackforth Close is a road in the EN5 postcode area



xxx



 

High Barnet

High Barnet is the name of the terminus of the Northern Line but is actually within the original Barnet - Chipping Barnet.

High Barnet station, though planned by the Edgware, Highgate and London Railway), was originally opened on 1 April 1872 by the Great Northern Railway (which had taken over). It was the terminus of a branch line that ran from Highgate and was built over the original site of the Barnet Fair.

The High Barnet branch was incorporated into the London Underground network through the "Northern Heights" project begun in the late 1930s. High Barnet station was first served by Northern line trains on 14 April 1940.

The area was the site of the Battle of Barnet in 1471, where Yorkist troops led by King Edward IV killed the rebellious "Kingmaker" Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick and Warwick’s brother, John Neville, 1st Marquess of Montagu.
Print-friendly version of this page