Print-friendly version of this page Dagenham Heathway station was opened in 1932.
Holgate Road is a street in
In 1932 the electrified District line of the London Underground was extended to Upminster through Dagenham with stations opened as Dagenham and Heathway
and today called Dagenham East and Dagenham Heathway
The station was constructed and initially operated by the London, Midland and Scottish Railway with services provided by the District line from the outset. The station changed to its present name in 1949.
Services on the London Tilbury & Southend line at Dagenham East were withdrawn in 1962.