Pandian Way, NW5

Road in/near Kentish Town

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG  CONTACT 
18.234.51.17 
Too much info? Click here to declutter the page
Abbey Tavern · Agar Grove · Agar Place · Allcroft Road · Alma Street · Anglers Lane · Apollo Studios · Arctic Street · Ascham Street · Ashdown Crescent · Ashdown Cresent · Athlone Street · Azania Mews · Barn Close · Barrington Close · Bartholomew Road · Bartholomew Road · Bartholomew Villas · Bartholomew · Bassett Street · Bellina Mews · Blondell Street · Brecon Mews · Broadfield Lane · Bull and Gate · Busby Place · Busby Place · Camden Park Road · Camden Road · Camden Road · Camden Road · Camden Square · Camden Terrace · Carker’s Lane · Castle Bar · Castle Mews · Cathcart Hill · Cathcart Street · Caversham Road · Charlton King’s Road · Charlton Kings Road · Church Avenue · Church Avenue · Clarence Way · Cliff Villas · Clock View Crescent · Coity Road · Community Lane · Conistone Way · Countess Road · Cressfield Close · Dowdney Close · Drovers Way · Dunollie Place · Evangelist Road · Falkland Road · Farrier Street · Fortess Road · Fortess Road · Fortress Road · Fred White Walk · Frideswide Place · Gaisford Street · George IV · Gilden Crescent · Goodinge Close · Grafton Road · Grafton Yard · Hampshire Street · Hargrave Place · Hargrave Place · Hartham Close · Healey Street · Hemingway Close · Hilldrop Lane · Holmes Road · Inkerman Road · Islip Street · Jeffrey’s Place · Jeffrey’s Street · Jim Veal Drive · Keighley Close · Kelly Street · Kentish Town · Kentish Town Road · Kerwick Close · Kiln Place · Lady Margaret Road · Lawford Road · Leighton Crescent · Leighton Cresent · Leighton Grove · Leighton Place · Leighton Road · Leverton Street · Lewis Street · Lockside Lounge · Long Meadow · Lupton Street · Lyme Terrace · Maiden Lane · Malden Road · Manger Road · Marquis Road · Marsden Street · Meru Close · Moelwyn Hughes Court · Montpelier Grove · New Clock Tower Place · Northpoint Square · O’Reilly’s · Oak Village · Oseney Crescent · Ospringe Road · Ospringe Road · Pandian Way · Pandian Way · Patshull Place · Patshull Road · Peckwater Street · Pleshey Road · Pleshey Road · Postal area N7 · Postal area NW5 · Postal zone NW5 2** · Postal zone NW5 3** · Prince Albert · Prince of Wales Road · Prince Of Wales Road · Queen’s Crescent · Queens Crescent · Quinns · Raglan Street · Railey Mews · Raveley Street · Reachview Close · Regent’s Canal Towpath · Regents Canal towpath · Regent’s Canal towpath · Regis Road · Rhyl Street · River Fleet · Rochester Mews · Rochester Terrace · Rose and Crown · Saint Augustine’s Road North West · Saint Paul’s Crescent · Saint Pauls Mews · Sandall Road · Sanderson Close · Shillibeers Bar & Grill · Slatterys Bar · Southampton Road · Spring Place · Spring Place · St Dominic’s Priory · St Paul’s Crescent · St. Augustine’s Road · Staveley Close · Talacre Road · Tansley Close · Tayport Close · The Assembly House · The Grafton · The Grand Union · The Hawley Arms · The Leighton Arms · The Lord Stanley · The Newmarket Arms · The Old Eagle · The Oxford Pub · The Pineapple · Torriano Avenue · Torriano Cottages · Torriano Mews · Trecastle Way · Truro Street · Unicorn · Vicars Road · Wandsworth Place · Warden Road · Weedington Road · Wellesley Road · Whitcher Place · Wilkin Street · Willes Road · Willingham Terrace · Wolsey Mews · Woodyard Close · York Mews
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302019Fullscreen map
Road · Kentish Town · NW5 ·
August
9
2017

Pandian Way is a road in the NW5 postcode area



VIEW THE KENTISH TOWN AREA IN THE 1750s
The 1750 Rocque map is bounded by Sudbury (NW), Snaresbrook (NE), Eltham (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1750 map does not display.

VIEW THE KENTISH TOWN AREA IN THE 1800s
The 1800 mapping is bounded by Stanmore (NW), Woodford (NE), Bromley (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1800 map does not display.

VIEW THE KENTISH TOWN AREA IN THE 1830s
The 1830 mapping is bounded by West Hampstead (NW), Hackney (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Chelsea (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1830 map does not display.

VIEW THE KENTISH TOWN AREA IN THE 1860s
The 1860 mapping is bounded by Brent Cross (NW), Stratford (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Hammermith (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1860 map does not display.

VIEW THE KENTISH TOWN AREA IN THE 1900s
The 1900 mapping covers all of the London area.

 

Kentish Town

Kentish Town station is a London Underground and National Rail station in the London Borough of Camden in Travelcard Zone 2.

Kentish Town is first recorded during the reign of King John (1208) as Kentisston. By 1456 Kentish Town was recognised as a thriving hamlet, and in this period a chapel of ease is recorded as being built for the inhabitants.

The early 19th century brought a lot of modernisation, causing a lot of the area's rural charm, the River Fleet and the 18th century buildings to vanish.

Large amounts of land were purchased to build the first railway through the area, which can still be seen today. Kentish Town was a prime site for development as the Kentish Town Road was the main route for the growing city of London to the South.

1877 saw the beginning of mission work in the area as it was, by then, poor. The mission first held their services outside but as their funding increased they built a mission house, chapel, and vicarage.

In 1912 the Church of St Silas the Martyr was finally erected and consecrated, and by December of that year it became a parish in its own right.

Kentish Town was to see further modernisation in the post-World War II period. This means that there are few signs of 19th century influence left in the area.

Today Kentish Town is a busy shopping and business area. It offers libraries, gyms and other entertainments to visitors and its community.

The station was opened by the Midland Railway in 1868 on the extension to its new London terminal at St Pancras.

The separate London Underground station was opened on 22 June 1907 by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway (CCE&HR), a precursor of the Northern line. The station was designed by Leslie Green with the ox-blood red glazed terracotta facade and the semi-circular windows at first floor level common to most of the original stations on the CCE&HR and its two associated railways, the Baker Street & Waterloo Railway and Great Northern Piccadilly & Brompton Railway which opened the previous year.
Print-friendly version of this page

Maps


John Rocque Map of Hampstead (1762).
John Rocque (c. 1709–1762) was a surveyor, cartographer, engraver, map-seller and the son of Huguenot émigrés. Roque is now mainly remembered for his maps of London. This map dates from the second edition produced in 1762. London and his other maps brought him an appointment as cartographer to the Prince of Wales in 1751. His widow continued the business after his death. The map of Hampstead covers an area stretching from the edge in the northwest of present-day Dollis Hill to Islington in the southeast.
John Rocque, The Strand, London

Environs of London (1832) FREE DOWNLOAD
Engraved map. Hand coloured. Relief shown by hachures. A circle shows "Extent of the twopenny post delivery."
Chapman and Hall, London

London Underground Map (1921).  FREE DOWNLOAD
London Underground map from 1921.
London Transport

The Environs of London (1865).  FREE DOWNLOAD
Prime meridian replaced with "Miles from the General Post Office." Relief shown by hachures. Map printed in black and white.
Published By J. H. Colton. No. 172 William St. New York

London Underground Map (1908).  FREE DOWNLOAD
London Underground map from 1908.
London Transport

Ordnance Survey of the London region (1939) FREE DOWNLOAD
Ordnance Survey colour map of the environs of London 1:10,560 scale
Ordnance Survey. Crown Copyright 1939.

Outer London (1901) FREE DOWNLOAD
Outer London shown in red, City of London in yellow. Relief shown by hachures.
Stanford's Geographical Establishment. London : Edward Stanford, 26 & 27, Cockspur St., Charing Cross, S.W. (1901)
1 



COPYRIGHT TERMS:
Unless a source is explicitedly stated, text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Articles may be a remixes of various Wikipedia articles plus work by the website authors - original Wikipedia source can generally be accessed under the same name as the main title. This does not affect its Creative Commons attribution.

Maps upon this website are in the public domain because they are mechanical scans of public domain originals, or - from the available evidence - are so similar to such a scan or photocopy that no copyright protection can be expected to arise. The originals themselves are in public domain for the following reason:
Public domain Maps used are in the public domain in the United States, and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 100 years or less.
This file has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighbouring rights.

This tag is designed for use where there may be a need to assert that any enhancements (eg brightness, contrast, colour-matching, sharpening) are in themselves insufficiently creative to generate a new copyright. It can be used where it is unknown whether any enhancements have been made, as well as when the enhancements are clear but insufficient. For usage, see Commons:When to use the PD-scan tag.