Wanless Road, SE5
Buildings in this area date from the nineteenth century or before
Loughborough Junction opened as Loughborough Road station in 1864.Print-friendly version of this page
In 1864 the London, Chatham and Dover Railway (LCDR) having opened its City Branch to central London, opened Loughborough Road
station on the Brixton spur which connected the City Branch to the original Chatham Main Line at Brixton station.
In 1872 platforms were opened on the City branch itself and on a spur line. The enlarged station was renamed Loughborough Junction.
After nationalisation the station was part of the Southern Region of British Railways and, from 1986, Network SouthEast. Around 1990 the station became part of the Thameslink route.