Mast House Terrace, E14
Road is in an area which may have existed since the nineteenth century or before with housing mainly dating from the 1990s
Print-friendly version of this page This section of Poplar was developed as part of the Port of London in 1840s and 1850s by William Cubitt, Lord Mayor of London (1860–1862).
Mast House Terrace is a road in the E14 postcode area
User unknown/public domain
Cubitt Town lies on the eastern side of the Isle of Dogs. William Cubitt was responsible for the early housing which accommodated the growing population of dockworkers and shipbuilders.
Along with the housing, Cubitt also created many local businesses.
Bangladeshi and East Asian immigrant populations became established after the 1950s.
During the 1960s and 1970s, high-rise estates began to be built and during the 1990s and afterwards, the Canary Wharf complex attracted a different mix of people.