Four Wents

Open space in/near Chingford, existing until 1873

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
3.231.212.98 
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302019Fullscreen map
Open space · Chingford · E4 ·
October
12
2017

Four Wents was a green which existed as a cross roads until 1873.


Four roads met here originally. Two are still main roads - Whitehall Road and Friday Hill. They were joined by Pimp Hall Lane, now a track going to the recycling centre but then the road from Hale End, and Kings Road.

The road layout changed when the railway was built in 1873.


Licence: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence

xxx

User unknown/public domain


VIEW THE CHINGFORD AREA IN THE 1750s
The 1750 Rocque map is bounded by Sudbury (NW), Snaresbrook (NE), Eltham (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1750 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHINGFORD AREA IN THE 1800s
The 1800 mapping is bounded by Stanmore (NW), Woodford (NE), Bromley (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1800 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHINGFORD AREA IN THE 1830s
The 1830 mapping is bounded by West Hampstead (NW), Hackney (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Chelsea (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1830 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHINGFORD AREA IN THE 1860s
The 1860 mapping is bounded by Brent Cross (NW), Stratford (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Hammermith (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1860 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHINGFORD AREA IN THE 1900s
The 1900 mapping covers all of the London area.

 

Chingford




Print-friendly version of this page