Magellan Boulevard, E16
Road which has existed since the nineteenth century or before
Print-friendly version of this page
Magellan Boulevard is a road in the E16 postcode area
North Woolwich is a place in the London Borough of Newham. It is located north of Woolwich proper which is on the south bank of the River Thames. The two places are linked by the Woolwich Ferry and the Woolwich foot tunnel.
|ADD A STORY TO MAGELLAN BOULEVARD|
Do you come from Magellan Boulevard, E16, or know it well? Tell your story here.
Ensure that contributions are kept civilised and are not abusive.
We store your comment's IP address and reserve the right to apply bans where community standards are violated.
If you authorise our The Undeground Map Facebook app by clicking the Facebook logo at the top right of the screen, you can add stories, photos and more to this location.
Note that the Undeground Map Facebook app does not post to Facebook on your behalf.
Added: 24 Feb 2018 08:00 GMT
|Post by Chris: Bell Water Gate, SE18|
In the late â??50â??s and early 60â??s we went as children down the cut into the Thames.
Not knowing or understanding better webused to throw stones at floating johnies!
A piece of history like the paddle steamer ferries and looking in on the great mechanical machinery and returning shouting down the underground tunnel.PGk8l
|VIEW THE NORTH WOOLWICH AREA IN THE 1750s|
The 1750 Rocque map is bounded by Sudbury (NW), Snaresbrook (NE), Eltham (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1750 map does not display.
|VIEW THE NORTH WOOLWICH AREA IN THE 1800s|
The 1800 mapping is bounded by Stanmore (NW), Woodford (NE), Bromley (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1800 map does not display.
|VIEW THE NORTH WOOLWICH AREA IN THE 1830s|
The 1830 mapping is bounded by West Hampstead (NW), Hackney (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Chelsea (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1830 map does not display.
|VIEW THE NORTH WOOLWICH AREA IN THE 1860s|
The 1860 mapping is bounded by Brent Cross (NW), Stratford (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Hammermith (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1860 map does not display.
|VIEW THE NORTH WOOLWICH AREA IN THE 1900s|
The 1900 mapping covers all of the London area.
North Woolwich consists of two tracts of land, totalling 412 acres on the north bank of the River Thames in east London.
Administratively, North Woolwich was part of Kent at least since the Norman Conquest when one of William the Conqueror's lords, Hamon, was granted land on both sides of the Thames at this spot, probably to enable him to enjoy the taxes from cross-river traffic. It lay in the parish of Woolwich and later the Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich, but was absorbed into the London Borough of Newham in 1965 when Woolwich south of the Thames became part of the London Borough of Greenwich.
It is unique in Outer London in being part of the County of London before 1965. The population peaked just before the First World War, and reduced substantially in the Second World War when it was heavily bombed.
Britannia Village Primary School
|LOCATIONS ON THE UNDERGROUND MAP|
: Academy converter (Primary) which accepts students between the ages of 3 and 11. Admissions policy: Non-selective.
Drew Primary School
: Academy converter (Primary) which accepts students between the ages of 3 and 11.Lyle Park
: New Directions
: Pupil referral unit which accepts students between the ages of 14 and 16.North Woolwich
: North Woolwich is a place in the London Borough of Newham. It is located north of Woolwich proper which is on the south bank of the River Thames. The two places are linked by the Woolwich Ferry and the Woolwich foot tunnel.Oasis Academy Silvertown
: Free schools (Secondary) which accepts students between the ages of 11 and 16. Admissions policy: Non-selective.
Royal Victoria Gardens
: Thames Barrier Park
: University of East London
: Higher education institutions
|NEARBY STREETS AND BUILDINGS ON THE UNDERGROUND MAP|
· A112, E16
· Albert Gardens, E16
· Albert Road, E16
· Albert Road, E16
· Albert Walk, E16
· Allenby Road, SE28
· Anson Place, SE28
· Argyll Road, SE18
· Armada Way, E16
· Armada Way, E6
· Atlantis Avenue, E16
· Atlantis Avenue, E6
· Barge House Road, E16
· Bargehouse Road, E16
· Barrier Point Road, E16
· Basin Approach, E16
· Bell Lane, E16
· Ben Tillet Close, E16
· Booth Road, E16
· Boxley Street, E16
· Bradfield Road, E16
· Bradfield Road, SE10
· Bradfields Road, E16
· Brixham Street, E16
· Burt Road, E16
· Cadogan Road, SE18
· Camelot Close, SE28
· Charles Street, E16
· Chatham Close, SE18
· Church Street, E16
· Claremont Close, E16
· Connaught Bridge, E16
· Connaught Road, E16
· Constance Street, E16
· Dock, E16
· Dockland Street, E16
· Dockside Road, E16
· Drew Road, E16
· Erebus Drive, E16
· Erebus Drive, SE18
· Erebus Drive, SE28
· Evelyn Road, E16
· Factory Road, E16
· Felixstowe Court, E16
· Felixtowe Court, E16
· Fernhill Street, E16
· Fishguard Way, E16
· Fort Street, E16
· Gallions Reach Ferry, E16
· Gallions Reach Ferry, E6
· Gallions Reach Ferry, SE28
· Gallions Reach Shopping Park, E6
· Gallions Road, E16
· Gallions Roundabout, E16
· Gallions Roundabout, E6
· Gate 14, E16
· Gemini Business park, E6
· Goosander Way, SE28
· Greenshield Industrial Estate, E16
· Grenadier Street, E16
· Grimsby Grove, E16
· Hanameel Street, E16
· Hardens Manorway, SE18
· Hardinge Crescent, SE18
· Hardinge Crescent, SE28
· Hartlepool Court, E16
· Hartmann Road, E16
· Henley Road, E16
· Holt Road, E16
· Hornet Way, E6
· Hull Place, E16
· Kennard Street, E16
· Knights Road, E16
· Knights Road, SE10
· Livesey Close, SE28
· Magellan Boulevard, E16
· Manwood Street, E16
· Marlborough Road, E16
· Marlborough Road, SE18
· Mill Road, E16
· Muir Street, E16
· Newland Street, E16
· North Circular Road (Old Route, Disused), E16
· North Woolwich Road, E16
· Oriental Road, E16
· Parker Street, E16
· Pier Parade, E16
· Pier Road, E16
· Pier Road, SE18
· Pier Way, SE28
· Princess Alice Way, E16
· Princess Alice Way, SE28
· Rawsthorne Close, E16
· Redwing Path, SE28
· Roebourne way, E16
· Royal Albert Way, E16
· Saville Road, E16
· Sheldrake Close, E16
· Sky Studios, E16
· St Marks Industrial Estate, E16
· Store Road, E16
· Storey Street, E16
· Temple Close, SE28
· Thames Road Ind Estate Thames Road, E16
· Thames Road, E16
· Thameside Industrial Estate, E16
· Tuppy Street, SE28
· Waldair Court, E16
· Wards Wharf Approach, E16
· Warepoint Drive, SE28
· Whinchat Road, SE28
· Wigeon Path, SE28
· Winifred Street, E16
· Woodman Parade, E16
· Woodman Street, E16
· Woolwich Manor Way, E16
· Wren Path, SE28
· Wythes Road, E16
|What is Magellan Boulevard, E16 like as a place to live?|
Ordnance Survey First Series. The first completed map was of the county of Kent in 1801. The first use of the term Ordnance Survey in manuscript was in 1801, but it did not appear on an engraved map until 1810. William Mudge was the effective head from the start and actual head of the Survey from 1804 to 1820.
Reproduced from the 1805 Ordnance Survey map.
Engraved map. Hand coloured. Relief shown by hachures. A circle shows "Extent of the twopenny post delivery."
Chapman and Hall, London
London Underground map from 1921.
Prime meridian replaced with "Miles from the General Post Office." Relief shown by hachures. Map printed in black and white.
Published By J. H. Colton. No. 172 William St. New York
London Underground map from 1908.
Ordnance Survey colour map of the environs of London 1:10,560 scale
Ordnance Survey. Crown Copyright 1939.
Outer London shown in red, City of London in yellow. Relief shown by hachures.
Stanford's Geographical Establishment. London : Edward Stanford, 26 & 27, Cockspur St., Charing Cross, S.W. (1901)
Unless a source is explicitedly stated, text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License;
additional terms may apply. Articles may be a remixes of various Wikipedia articles plus work by the website authors - original Wikipedia source can generally be accessed under the same name as the main title. This does not affect its Creative Commons attribution.
|Maps upon this website are in the public domain because they are mechanical scans of public domain originals, or - from the available evidence - are so similar to such a scan or photocopy that no copyright protection can be expected to arise. The originals themselves are in public domain for the following reason:
This tag is designed for use where there may be a need to assert that any enhancements (eg brightness, contrast, colour-matching, sharpening) are in themselves insufficiently creative to generate a new copyright. It can be used where it is unknown whether any enhancements have been made, as well as when the enhancements are clear but insufficient. For usage, see Commons:When to use the PD-scan tag.