and Judkin Street.
There had been a housing boom in Cubitt Town which finished in 1867. A housing slump continued for over a decade before a revival of activity during the 1880s.
In 1882 the Millwall Dock
Company produced a plan to set out Aste Street, Judkin Street, Muggeridge Street and Roffey Street
in an area behind East Ferry Road
. The plan was approved but barely carried out as planned with only ten houses being built in Judkin Street.
Muggeridge, Roffey and Aste Streets were not started by 1902. Muggeridge Street was abandoned in 1904 and in 1908 it was agreed that much of Roffey Street
and Aste Street would not continue as planned.
Aste Street is now a street with modern housing in keeping with the Canary Wharf