Union Street, W1W

Road in/near Fitzrovia, existed between 1759 and 1937

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
18.204.227.117 
MAP YEAR:1750180018301860190019502020Fullscreen map
Road · Fitzrovia · W1W ·
MAY
7
2020

The easternmost section of Riding House Street was previously known as Union Street.

Riding House Street (previously called Riding House Lane) extended west from Edward Street only as far east as Great Titchfield Street. East of Great Titchfield Street this was Union Street, which became part of Riding House Street in 1937.

The name Union Street dates from 1764 and reflects an accord between the Portland and Berners Estates, whose boundary line the street followed. Its layout dates from 1759 or so.


Citation information: Marylebone – The Underground Map
Further citations and sources


xxx



 

Fitzrovia

Fitzrovia is the area lying to the west of Tottenham Court Road.


Print-friendly version of this page