Mapesbury was formerly the name for this whole area of Middlesex - Willesden Lane
was known as Mapes Lane until the 1860s. It was countryside until the 1860s - after that residential development began and by 1875 there were a number of large suburban villas in the area.
laid out in 1894 over the lands of the former Mapesbury Farm and its was developed between 1895 and 1905. In 1982 Mapesbury Road
became part of a conservation area.