Haverstock School

School in/near Chalk Farm, existing between 1901 and now

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG 
35.172.195.82 
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302020Fullscreen map
School · Chalk Farm · NW3 ·
September
24
2015
Haverstock School (formerly Haverstock Comprehensive School), is a comprehensive school for students aged 11 to 18.


It is located opposite Chalk Farm tube station, and bounded by Prince of Wales Road and Crogsland Road.

The school is Camden’s first private finance initiative (PFI) school and underwent a £21 million re-build in 2006.


Licence: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence


VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1750s
The 1750 Rocque map is bounded by Sudbury (NW), Snaresbrook (NE), Eltham (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1750 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1800s
The 1800 mapping is bounded by Stanmore (NW), Woodford (NE), Bromley (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1800 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1830s
The 1830 mapping is bounded by West Hampstead (NW), Hackney (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Chelsea (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1830 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1860s
The 1860 mapping is bounded by Brent Cross (NW), Stratford (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Hammermith (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1860 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1900s
The 1900 mapping covers all of the London area.

 

Chalk Farm

Chalk Farm has nothing to do with chalk at all. Though there once was a farm...

Chalk Farm's name, deceptively rural, derives from the name of the village on its site, Chalcot. These days it absorbs the spread from Camden Town and has many lively pubs, live music venues, and restaurants. Within London it is best known as the site of The Roundhouse, a former circular railway engine shed which was subsequently converted for arts and performance use.

Chalk Farm station was opened on 22 June 1907 by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway (CCE&HR). Trains originally operated between Golders Green and Charing Cross tube station, with extensions to Edgware and Kennington in 1923 and 1926, respectively.
Print-friendly version of this page