Chalk Farm

Underground station, existing between 1907 and now

 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  MAP  STREETS  BLOG  CONTACT 
34.229.24.100 
MAPPING YEAR:1750180018301860190019302019Fullscreen map
Underground station · Chalk Farm · NW3 ·
September
9
2015
Chalk Farm has nothing to do with chalk at all. Though there once was a farm...


Chalk Farm's name, deceptively rural, derives from the name of the village on its site, Chalcot. These days it absorbs the spread from Camden Town and has many lively pubs, live music venues, and restaurants. Within London it is best known as the site of The Roundhouse, a former circular railway engine shed which was subsequently converted for arts and performance use.

Chalk Farm station was opened on 22 June 1907 by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway (CCE&HR). Trains originally operated between Golders Green and Charing Cross tube station, with extensions to Edgware and Kennington in 1923 and 1926, respectively.

THE STREETS OF CHALK FARM
Belmont Street, NW1 Belmont Street is a street in Camden Town.
Castle Mews, NW5 Castle Mews is a road in the NW5 postcode area
Castle Road, NW1 Castle Road is a street in Camden Town.
Castlehaven Road, NW1 Castlehaven Road was united as a street in 1938.
Chalk Farm Parade, NW3 Chalk Farm Parade is a street in Hampstead.
Chalk Farm Road, NW1 Chalk Farm Road is a street in Camden Town.
Chalk Farm Road, NW3 Chalk Farm Road is a road in the NW3 postcode area
Church Avenue, NW1 Church Avenue is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Church Avenue, NW5 Church Avenue is a road in the NW5 postcode area
Clarence Way, NW1 Clarence Way is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Collard Place, NW1 Collard Place is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Crogsland Road, NW1 Crogsland Road is a street in Camden Town.
Dumpton Place, NW1 Dumpton Place is a street in Camden Town.
Farrier Street, NW1 Farrier Street is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Ferdinand Place, NW1 Ferdinand Place is a street in Camden Town.
Ferdinand Street, NW1 Ferdinand Street is a street in Camden Town.
Hadley Street, NW1 Hadley Street is a street in Camden Town.
Harmood Street, NW1 Harmood Street is a street in Camden Town.
Hartland Road, NW1 Hartland Road is a street in Camden Town.
Hawley Road, NW1 Hawley Road is a street in Camden Town.
Healey Street, NW1 Healey Street is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Juniper Crescent, NW1 Juniper Crescent is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Kentish Town Road, NW1 Kentish Town Road is a street in Camden Town.
Lewis Street, NW1 Lewis Street is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Mead Close, NW1 Mead Close is a road in the NW1 postcode area
Powlett Place, NW1 Powlett Place is a street in Camden Town.
Torbay Street, NW1 Torbay Street is a street in Camden Town.


VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1750s
The 1750 Rocque map is bounded by Sudbury (NW), Snaresbrook (NE), Eltham (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1750 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1800s
The 1800 mapping is bounded by Stanmore (NW), Woodford (NE), Bromley (SE) and Hampton Court (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1800 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1830s
The 1830 mapping is bounded by West Hampstead (NW), Hackney (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Chelsea (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1830 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1860s
The 1860 mapping is bounded by Brent Cross (NW), Stratford (NE), Greenwich (SE) and Hammermith (SW).
Outside these bounds, the 1860 map does not display.

VIEW THE CHALK FARM AREA IN THE 1900s
The 1900 mapping covers all of the London area.

 

Chalk Farm

Chalk Farm has nothing to do with chalk at all. Though there once was a farm...

Chalk Farm's name, deceptively rural, derives from the name of the village on its site, Chalcot. These days it absorbs the spread from Camden Town and has many lively pubs, live music venues, and restaurants. Within London it is best known as the site of The Roundhouse, a former circular railway engine shed which was subsequently converted for arts and performance use.

Chalk Farm station was opened on 22 June 1907 by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway (CCE&HR). Trains originally operated between Golders Green and Charing Cross tube station, with extensions to Edgware and Kennington in 1923 and 1926, respectively.
Print-friendly version of this page


View copyright notice