Burlington Gardens, W1S

Burlington Gardens, with houses dating from 1725, was laid out on land that was once part of the Burlington Estate.

Burlington Gardens was once part of Vigo Lane (or Vigo Street). The section behind Burlington House was renamed Burlington Gardens by 1831. Prior to that, it was part of Glasshouse Street.

The street joins Old Bond Street and New Bond Street in the west and Vigo Street in the east.

On the south side of Burlington Gardens is one end of the Burlington Arcade.

return to article