West Hampstead Police Station

The Metropolitam Police established itself in West Hampstead during the 1880s.

Hampstead became part of the Metropolitam Police S division and a police station for West Hampstead and Kilburn was opened at 90 West End Lane in 1883, being replaced in 1972 by one at no. 21 Fortune Green Road.

It had previously been the site of Berridge House which was demolished to make way for the police station.

The station has been threatened with closure since 2013.

return to article