Angel Place, SE1

Angel Place was the site of the Marshalsea Prison between 1811 and 1842.

The prison site is now occupied by the library and local studies centre though the boundary wall remains.

Angel Place is now a churchyard path - previously it was a distinct street which was demolished and was positioned parallel but just to the north.

return to article