Pepler Mews, SE5

Pepler Mews is a cul-de-sac off of Cobourg Road.

Built in the late nineteenth century, it ran behind a now-vanished road known as Pepler Road. At the end of the Mews by 1900, was the Alpha Works, a collar manufacturers. A laundry was the only other building in the road.

In the twentieth century, Pepler Mews became residential.

return to article