Silk Stream (1916)
Silk Stream near Colindale (1916)

   Contemporary view of the area - viewing direction is appoximate
The Silk Stream was the stream which fed the Welsh Harp reservoir.

The photographer is standing on an embankment on Colindeep Lane where it bridges the stream. The view looks south along the stream towards the bridge in the far distance which carries the Edgware Road over the start of the Welsh Harp. The expanse of water of the reservoir can be seen beyond that.

This very rural scene depicts a section of the stream which once widened to form the Welsh Harp earlier than now. This side of the Edgware Road the reservoir has been reclaimed to site industry.

return to article