Ball Street, W8


Ball Street was created by the Kensington Improvement Scheme of 1868-71, carried out by the Metropolitan Board of Works.


Ball Street ran parallel and one street back from the High Street. It was planned as another less busy shopping thorughfare.

Ball Street eventually became service space for the grander high street shops and was ultimately redeveloped as the service yard for John Barkers company in 1927. A fire station once stood on the corner of Ball Street and Derry Street.

return to article