Category Archive: Clapham Junction

Oct 31

Workers at Clapham Junction (1900)

Before the railway came, the Clapham Junction area was rural and specialised in growing lavender – the street Lavender Hill is east of the station. The coach road from London to Guildford ran slightly south of the future station site, past The Falcon public house at the crossroads in the valley between St. John’s Hill …

Continue reading »