Category Archive: NW4

Sep 16

Hendon Central in 1900

While the old Butcher’s Lane which was a minor lane in Hendon, Middlesex had been officially renamed Queen’s Road for Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1887, the contemporary 1900 Ordnance Survey map does not yet show this change. The lane connected Brent Street to the Burroughs. The map shows that ¬†two large houses – Brent …

Continue reading »