Category Archive: St Pancras

Jul 07

Agar Town

Agar Town was a short-lived area, built in the 1840s, of St Pancras. From 1789 the area was the private estate of William Agar of Elm Lodge. To contemporaries he was commonly called, “Councillor Agar,” and known as an eccentric and miserly lawyer. In the 1810s Agar fought a desperate battle to prevent the cutting …

Continue reading »