Jewin Street looking east toward Red Cross Street (1920)


 HOME  ·  ABOUT  ·  ARTICLE  ·  MARKERS OFF  ·  BLOG 
(51.51901 -0.09566, 51.519 -0.095) 


Jewin Street looking east toward Red Cross Street (1920)

Tubbs & Son sign outside premises and their posters in the window. It is probably Number 38, sometime home of the City of London Photographic Stores (1901) and Belprex Ltd (1927) The Fire Station at the end was built after the 1897 fire.

Unsurprisingly the street name derives from an ancient Jewish burial ground.

Jewin Street was widened after the 1897 fire.


Attribution: User unknown/public domain

Licence: CC BY 2.0