Station Road, Barnes (c1920)


 HOME  ·  ARTICLE  ·  MARKERS OFF  ·  STREETS  ·  BLOG  ·  CONTACT US 
(51.47073 -0.24532, 51.47 -0.245) 


Station Road, Barnes (c.1920)

Barnes station was opened quite some distance from Barnes itself. The station was opened on 27 July 1846, when the line to Richmond was built.

Grade II listed, it was designed by the architect John Thomas Emmett and is the only survivor of four brick-built Tudor Gothic-style stations on the Richmond branch.

It is not the station we are looking at here but the Methodist Church at the other end of the road.


Attribution: Old London postcard

Licence: Not known