Chippenham Mews (1959)
This photo was taken by a Swiss maid who worked in the area during the late 1950s.
Chippenham Mews lies behind Harrow Road running from Chippenham Road to Marylands Road. Building had been begun in the 1860s with substantial terraces near Harrow Road. The area did not attract the upper classes that were expected and parts of the area came to suffer from cramped layouts and houses.