Old Dick Whittington
The Old Dick Whittington public house at 24 Cloth Fair, Smithfield viewed from Middle Street (1890)

The Old Dick Whittington was a 16th century timber framed house. It first became a beerhouse in 1848, although later erroneously claimed to be the oldest licensed premises in London.

This pub was acquired by the Corporation of London in 1916 and subsequently demolished.

Credit: Corporation of London
The Dick Whittington Inn at 24 Cloth Fair was a sixteenth century building and once part of a row of medieval buildings lining the street.